Wednesday, May 3, 2023

divine messenger paid me a visit: 44,444: πŸ’€πŸ’€,πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

 I was doing my weekly grocery shopping and a very strange thing happened.

The errand takes about 10 miles driving round trip in my car.

On the way home, getting on the freeway from the street, there's a protected left turn that always has a long generous time for the green light going onto the freeway.

For some reason, the light turned red very quickly, so I had to stop at the intersection for an unsually long time.

I never look at the odometer on my car, since I don't have any reason to.

But for some reason, something compelled to glance at it.

The total miles on the car was 44, 447.

Almost a perfect string of number '4' across the whole line.

Since the round trip for the errand takes about 10 miles, that means during this trip I had passed through 44,444.

Normally, when I see the number 4, the first thing I think of is the four noble truths.

For some reason, this time I thought of how the number 4, in chinese, is nearly a homonym with the same pronunciation as the Chinese word for death:

(the numeral) 4 = sì

death = 死 = sì

So my odometer was a divine messenger reminding me that this never ending onslaught of birth after death after death is dukkha:

44,444 = πŸ’€πŸ’€,πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

So what's the significance of 44,447 the actual number showing on my odometer?

The last digit 7, is a reminder that the only way out of this vicious cycle of samsara, is the 7 awakening factors.


πŸ’€ is also a reminder to practice marana-s-sati

7☀️  awakening factors.




No comments:

Post a Comment