Saturday, December 18, 2021

resistance band exercises - quick and extraordinary benefits for sitting meditators



I've been using these for several months now, I wish I'd had this when I was a kid, I'd have prevented lots of leg and hip problems if I'd used it everyday.

The ones I got are similar to this, cost about 10$.


Resistance Bands Set - Exercise Bands for Physical Therapy, Yoga, Pilates, Rehab and Home Workout, Non-Latex Elastic Bands

https://www.amazon.com/RENRANRING-Resistance-Exercise-Physical-Non-Latex/dp/B07YHFC2SG/ref=sr_1_9?crid=D06MVDT6IX1X&keywords=resistance+band&qid=1639859463&sprefix=resis%2Caps%2C148&sr=8-9


I do at least a few sets a day, of these two essential exercises that will work almost all the muscles of your body at the same time, and especially the lower back muscles giving them nice contractions and range of movement that will help you strengthen and relax in your cross leg sitting posture.


1. Poor man's rowing machine

It's like using those 500-1000$ rowing machines, works your lower and upper body at the same time. It's like doing squats, and dumbell arm rows at the same time.

Lots of video on you tube, I'll find a good one that doesn't show topless men or skimpily dressed women demonstrating the move and how to use the resistance band to accomplish this.





2. Dead lift

Will find video and post later...



In a couple minutes of doing these exercises, you'll warm up the body and give a range of motions to the lower body that you wouldn't from the gentle sitting meditator exercises that most people do.

(more details to come...)


No comments:

Post a Comment