Tuesday, May 11, 2021

MN 137 SP fluent English translation, by frankk

2022 June: Note this article (from 2021) is obsolete. See 🔗📝 collection of notes on MN 137 for updated translation in 2022


"SP Fluent" style of translation means I use fluent plain English (as opposed to my FLIPT translations which try to match pali word order), and "SP" means I spell out implications that readers who aren't thoroughly familiar with the whole body of suttas are going to miss out on.

I put between square brackets [ ], the implications and also supplementary information that come directly from other suttas, and are not strictly part of the translation from this sutta.

I highlight in yellow the really interesting parts of MN 137 that you're not going to get from anyone else's standard English translation.


MN 137



No comments:

Post a Comment