Sunday, July 14, 2024

speaking of non profit orgs, which Buddhist ones good to bequeath or include in will?




speaking of non profit orgs, which Buddhist ones good to bequeath or include in will?

Post by frank k » Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:15 am
For the last 4 years I've been thinking of starting an NPO myself dedicated to preservation of authentic early buddhist jhāna teachings.

In the USA,
if you die unexpectedly, and you don't have a will, your wife and/or kids I believe will be entitled to your assets,
but if you don't have dependents, then the US govt. claims all of your property.

As I'm getting older, and I would like the remainder of my life savings to go to a good cause,

and I'm not aware of any current Buddhist organization dedicated to preservation of authentic early buddhist jhana teachings,

there's an urgent need to fill that void.

I'm sure there are probably other people in my same situation, getting older,
no dependents,
not wanting govt. to take all your assets when you die,
and not quite happy with the existing Buddhist organizations one can bequeath or include as part of one's will.

Anyone else interested?

It's not too hard or time consuming to form an NPO,
but I always have a maranassati mentality, would rather spend free time meditating or studying suttas.

But if some other people spur me on,
I'll finally stop dragging my foot and get it done.

What would this EBT jhāna NPO do?


Depending how much money we're working with,
building meditation halls,
publishing and teaching correct EBT jhāna,

and/or just passively investing cash and periodically as needed put some of it work with
monasteries and organizations that transmit correct EBT jhāna teachings,

for example, supporting some of the Ajahn Mun based Thai forest lineages.
contributing to Building meditation halls in some monasteries.
building kutis, or living subsistence financial support for monastics and 10 or 8 precept yogis that practice and teach authentic EBT jhāna.


 

Forum discussion

reddit 


dhamma wheel






No comments:

Post a Comment