Tuesday, January 9, 2024

stories of jhānic force: full lotus sitting 2 hours, numbness dissolved

I had an interesting thing happen to me today demonstrating an increase in jhānic force.

 I can sit full lotus with either right leg on top of left or vice versa.

With right over left, I can sit a little longer than the other way without getting uncomfortable or starting to go numb.

Typically, I don't sit longer than 2 hours in full lotus, because even though my legs are not in pain (but they have some degree of discomfort), my vision starts to get a little blurry. 

Even if I feel like sitting longer, I'll stop, do some exercises and stretches for at least 15 minutes before sitting again. 

Burmese meditation traditions (which sit too much causing leg and back damage long term) would do well do practicing some simple calisthenics, stretching, and become more intimately familiar with the health of the energy channels in the body.

🔗📝 collection of notes on macro cosmic orbit breathing



You know how normally, if you're sitting meditation cross legged, 

if your leg starts to get numb, it only gets worse over time, and then gets more numb and painful?

I was about 45 min. into a full lotus sit, my left leg had a section that started to go numb.
My normal experience would be more numbness and some leg pain were to follow in the next 15-30 minutes.

Instead, today, I felt jhānic force push through the leg numbness and dissolve it. 
The numbness dissolved over the next 10 minutes or so, I felt a stronger circulation of energy, blood, comfort and smoothness replace that area of numbness. 

Other signs of jhānic force getting stronger, are if you feel more heat, blood push into your extremities.
Warmer hands and feet, red pinking glow on face, hands, feet, etc. 



No comments:

Post a Comment