Monday, August 7, 2023

An auspicious dream of death in a car wreck 💀

 A friend relayed this story to me recently:


I just had a very realistic dream that my car flew up from a sudden gust of wind 

while I was driving alone on a stretch of highway through a wide  canyon, 

landed upsidedown on the side edge of a trailer of a parked big rig truck 

crushing the windshield and the roof of the front half of the passenger compartment.


  I was surprised that I felt no pain and seemingly uninjured when I found myself standing outside of the car.

  The funny part is there were two other cars - 

  different colors but same model that landed the same way next to my car.

  When I finally realized that I died after a long while 

  as people around me can't seem to hear or see me, 

  I felt deep remorse for not practicing [Dhamma] more diligently, 

  wasted the invaluable help from people and teachers, 

  and very largely wasted a most fortunate life by craving, clinging, and feeding on sensual pleasures.

  But later on in my dream, I woke up from that dream and found myself alive and in a completely different place but still in a dream.

  Then, I really woke up and found myself on my bed 

  wondering for a while whether if I was dead or alive.

  


The three wrecked cars that landed upsidedown side by side in the same fashion 

seem like it meant I have wasted my other lives in similar fashion.

  I encountered similar kind of danger and died in similar way 

  or not passing the same test for similar reason.


I think the sudden gust of wind that flipped the car was supposed to tell me that death can come at anytime.


I'm going to do a retreat today and practice diligently from now on.

  And I will often reflect on this.


Related topics


maraṇa-s-sati 💀 = death-remembering

‘appamattā viharissāma, tikkhaṃ maraṇassatiṃ bhāvessāma āsavānaṃ khayāyā’ti. (AN 6.19)
1. Never forget, remembering to assiduously practice ☸Dharma for arahantship every moment, giving it everything you got, for the time it takes for one breath, or the time it takes to eat one mouthful of food. If you get sidetracked or forget to be assiduous (ap-pamāda), the Buddha calls that negligence (pamāda). (AN 6.19).
2. Remembering, not forgetting that fatal accidents can strike at any moment, so practice the ☸Dharma assiduously every moment. Doing this correctly, will activate the 7sb☀️ sequence producing virtuous-mirth (mudita/pamojja) and rapture (pīti). (AN 6.20).

 4👑☸ → STED → maraṇa-s-sati 💀🧟     sati 🐘   




No comments:

Post a Comment