Friday, May 17, 2019

eating in one session a day, success stories?

eating in one session a day, success stories?

Post by frank k » Fri May 17, 2019 6:52 am
Anyone have any long term success stories to share on eating once a day?
I'm interested because the Buddha said eating once a day was the best, and I've not had success doing it long term the times I've tried. Eating an octo/lavo vegetarian diet, after about 5 days my energy level just completely crashes (lethargic all day, no energy to meditate or do anything). If I add a lot more butter to that one meal, then I can go about 2 weeks before I get the energy crash.

I suspect if I ate an omnivore diet like the Buddha, it would work better than my octo/lavo diet at being stronger and more energetic.


For the past 10 years, I've been mostly eating twice a day:
7am: a light breakfast of oatmeal and dry fruit and nuts.
12 noon: my main meal, a typical example would consist of
1. main meal of 2 large eggs, brown rice or qinoa or multigrain bread/tortilla, steamed dark greens, other veggies, tempeh, hummus, salsa.
2. large smoothie, usually a dairy one, sometimes a vegan one
lassi type yogurt smoothie consisting of some combination of whole milk or lowfat milk yogurt, half & half (half cream half whole milk), a few spoons of maple syrup, some available fruit like mango, or blue berries, or orange.

a typical vegan smoothie would be banana, a date, an orange, some nut like walnut or coconut, water.
3. one spoonful of oxylent multivitamin powder mix added to smoothie.
4. I don't do coffee, tea, caffeine, for two reasons. One, I don't want a crutch for boosting energy, and two, the energy boost from caffeine comes with a cost, then you need more sleep and you get a much more intense energy crash. I only drink water outside of the 5 hour eating window.

So with my two meals per day in the 5 hour window, my energy level is even and very good all day. Whereas on one meal a day, I would have maybe 4-6 hours a day feeling very lethargic.

I sleep about 4-5 hours a night, and take an afternoon nap between 30-90min.

So I'm interested in hearing success stories with one meal a day, and details I'm most specifically interested in:
1) how many hours of day do you need to sleep
2) do you take a caffeine
3) what do you eat
4) how would you compare doing one meal a day, the energy level throughout the day, compared with what I'm doing with 2 meals



Other yogis and their success stories


Eating one session a day

OBO, 50 years doing single meal, ominivore diet before solar noon
http://buddhadust.net/dhammatalk/dhammatalk_forum/whats.new.htm#O.5.18.19


Eating two sessions a day, between sunrise and solar noon


No comments:

Post a Comment