Saturday, January 11, 2020

Te Ab Vb 12 Jhāna: What's that sound you hear? That's the sound of justice.

The Theravada Abhidhamma Book 2, Vibhanga, Chapter 12 on Jhāna

Presented in English and Pali side by side.

I don't intend to change any of the pali source, but I do intend to fix all of the egregious English translation mistakes that I come across.

http://lucid24.org/sted/ebt/not/te-ab/vb/vb12/index.html

4👑☸ Cattāri Ariya-saccaṃ 四聖諦

4👑☸ → Te Ab Vb 12 Jhāna      AN   DN   KN   MN   SN   (⤴)

Te Ab Vb 12 Jhāna



If you have Abhidhamma and EBT contradictions to point out from this chapter, please add to discussion here:

Te Ab Vb 12 Jhāna: What's that sound you hear? That's the sound of justice.

Post by frank k » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:25 am

I don't intend to change any of the pali source, but I do intend to fix all of the egregious English translation mistakes that I come across.

And I also intend to add clarifying comments to all the parts that where Abhidhamma jhana contradicts EBT jhana.

My focus will be on the four jhanas, but I definitely would appreciate help for others to point out all the parts of this chapter that contradict EBT.

Also, if anyone can post Sarvistavada Abhidharma source (preferably with english trans.) covering the same topic, it would be a great resource for humanity to have all of this data to compare.



No comments:

Post a Comment